The programs extended from ORBIT were Strengthening the women in the Grama Panchayath at Aland, Afzalpur, Sedam and Chincholi Talukas of Gulbarga District and inBijapur district, Muddebihal and Indi talukas. The watershed programs and the women empowerment program in the Chincholi taluka in a rented house in Chandapur area.
After a study on the need of the Social Development activities in the newer areas, in a meeting in Janury 2016 headed by Bishop Robert Miranda, Msgr. Denis MenezesVicar General, Fr. Stany Lobo Procurator, Fr. Victor Machado, the Director of ORBIT Fr. Santhosh Dias, it was decided to establish a separate Social Development Organization for the Diocese of Gulbarga with the name SEVASANGAMA.
It was also decided that though ORBIT is a separate legal entity as Trust for all the administrative purpose, stillit remains as the sister organization of Sevasangama in the future. ORBIT would take care of Bidar and Kalaburagi districts for all the social development programs in the Diocese and Sevasangama will take care of Gulbargaand Bijapur Districts along with Bidar (Yadgir district was then the part of Gulbarga District).
In the year 2006 SEVASANGAMA began its activities in BIDAR and GULBARGA districts with the follwoing activities
- Women empowerment program in Gulbarga Taluka, Chincholi Taluka, Gulbarga Taluka, Shapur taluka and Chithapur Taluka.
- Panchayat Raj Program in Chithapur Taluka, Chincholi Taluka, Shapur and Sedam Talukas of Gulbarga District. And in Bijapur District: Basavanabhayavadi taluka, Muddebihal Taluka and Bijapur taluka.
- Disaster Management program in Almel area, Indi Taluka and Sindagi Taluka of Bijapur Districts
- Watershed Program in Chincholi Taluka
- VidyaVikas program in Aland Taluka and Deverhippergi area of Bijapur District
- IDEA program in Parthapur, Sirnur and NandikurGramapanchayaths of Gulbarga District
Meantime. With the help of Caritas India the Sevasangama present office building at Kotnoor D, Jewargi Road, near Kendriya Vidyalaya was completed in the year 2008. In the year 2008 June the new office cum training center was blessed by the Bishop Robert Miranda. On 30.03.2007, Sevasangama received the 12AA registration under Income Tax Act, 1961. On 12.09.2006, it received the 80G registration under recognition u/s 80G of the Income Tax act, 1961. In the year 2010, Sevasangama Development Society was registered under Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 1976.
Today SEVASANGAMA has spread its wings far and wide comforting the neglected, Including the Excluded. It has reached the remotest corners of the Northern Karnataka restoring the lost dignity of the people. Committed staff entirely driven by the values with a passion to serve the needy continues to sow the GOOD NEWS of PEACE, LOVE and JOY to all Humanity.
THE DIRECTORS DOWN THE YEARS
- Fr. Santhosh Dias- 2006-2009
- Fr. Jagadish Pinto- 2009- 2013
- Fr. Santhosh Bapu- 2013- 2017
- Fr. Anil W Crasta – 2017 – till date